Clear Touch Interactive offers a range of Integrated PC Modules that can either be purchased pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro or without an operating system. If you or your organization chooses to purchase your PC Module without an OS, you will need to perform your own Windows installation or imaging on your devices. In this guide, we will be covering several of the most common methods for deploying an OS to one of our PC Modules.
Fresh Installation Using Bootable Installation Media
The first option we'll cover is the most straightforward method of installing Windows on one of our PC Modules. You'll need a few things to get started:
- A USB thumb drive with at least 8GB of usable space
- Windows 10 Product Key
- Internet connection for preparing installation media
- Insert USB drive into one of the USB 3.0 ports on the PC Module
- Power on your Clear Touch display, open your Input Menu, and select the PC input
- As the PC Module powers on, repeatedly press f7 using your Clear Touch remote or external keyboard to access Boot Menu
- Once Boot Menu appears, use your arrow keys to navigate to your USB Thumb drive and press Enter
- Follow the on-screen prompts to proceed with Windows install process. Please note that you'll want to choose the 64 bit (x64) version of Windows 10 for your PC Module. For detailed step-by-step install instructions, a helpful install guide can be found at https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/install-windows-10.html
- Once Windows installation has completed, be sure to run Windows Update to install the appropriate device drivers for your PC Module.
- Ensure that your Windows Power & Sleep Settings are configured correctly at https://support.getcleartouch.com/portal/kb/articles/correct-windows-power-settings-for-your-clear-touch-interactive-panel
Network (PXE) Booting as an IT Admin
This method of operating system deployment is typically used by IT Administrators, and allows for booting your PC Module to a network imaging server to install Windows. You'll need the following to successfully image a PC Module over the network:
- An Ethernet network connection
- A network deployment solution (Microsoft WDS/SCCM, for example)
- Prepared Windows Image or installation media
- Windows Product Key or Licensing
The steps for PXE Booting to your imaging server can be found below:
- Connect your PC Module to the network using the RJ45 Ethernet port on the PC Module
- Power on your Clear Touch Display, open your Input Menu, and select the PC input
- As the PC powers on, repeatedly press f2 on your Clear Touch remote or external keyboard to access the UEFI settings
- Navigate to the Boot tab, and change the option for Onboard Lan Pxe Rom to Legacy for MBR PXE booting. For UEFI/GPT configurations, navigate to UEFI PXE Configuration and change UEFI PXE to Enabled
- Press f10 to save your changes and exit
- Press f7 while the PC boots to access the Boot Menu
- Select the Network Adapter from the list of options to begin booting to your network server
Use the Clear Touch Interactive Panel as a Secondary Monitor in Extend Mode
Using your Clear Touch Interactive Panel as a Secondary Monitor in Extend Mode ***For the best experience, we recommend mirroring or duplicating your display*** With Windows 10, Microsoft has given users the option of running multiple displays in ...
Fix for Clear Touch Interactive PC Module Shutting Down Using Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Etc.
If you have experienced your Clear Touch Interactive PC module shutting down and/or going to a black screen and displaying "No Signal" while using a streaming service such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Etc. This is a known issue that we have worked ...
Touch Driver Issues on Windows 10
Not Finding Drivers or Drivers Don't Seem To Work? So, for most instances when an internal PC module is inserted into a panel, and if running Windows 10, Windows will automatically detect the type of hardware being used and install the proper ...
Correct Windows Power Settings for Your Clear Touch Interactive Panel
*Please apply any outstanding Windows Updates ahead of time as updates may cause Windows to revert any changes* This article outlines the recommended power settings for Clear Touch Interactive Integrated PC Modules. These settings will prevent ...
Cannot Access BIOS for Internal PC Module
Being unable to access the BIOS is normally the result of upgrading from Legacy BIOS to UEFI. This can be corrected by resetting the CMOS Battery on the motherboard of the PC Module For PC Modules included with the 5000 series panels, the CMOS ...