Enabling and using touch screen keyboard in Windows 11
The Touch Keyboard in Windows 11 makes it easy to type on your Clear Touch panel when using an integrated PC Module or when connected to an external PC via HDMI and USB Touch cable. With the Windows 11 Update, Windows is bringing new changes to the touch keyboard, including new keyboard themes and updated user interface. This guide will cover setting up the touch keyboard to suit your preferences.
How to enable your touch keyboard
- Press Win + I together to open Windows Settings.
- Choose Personalization from the left pane.
- Then click Taskbar on the right pane.
- In the right pane, scroll down to find the Taskbar corner icons option and click on it.
- Now, enable the toggle for Touch keyboard in the Taskbar corner icons dropdown.
To show the touch keyboard when no keyboard is attached on Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Click on the Time & language tab.
- Click the Typing menu on the right side.
- Expand the Touch keyboard section.
- Tick the Show the touch keyboard when there’s no keyboard attached checkbox
A touch keyboard will now appear when you click a field that accepts typing and your PC senses no physical keyboard is attached.
How to change settings for your Touch Keyboard
Once you have your on-screen keyboard pulled up, you will see two icons in the top left of the keyboard. The box with a heart icon is where you can find emojis, GIFs, emoticons, and other media. The gear icon is where you will find a multitude of settings to change and customize your on-screen keyboard.
If you click on the gear icon, you will find options for Keyboard layout, Handwriting, Theme and resize, and More settings.
- Keyboard layout gives you the option to go between a default keyboard, a traditional keyboard including a full suite of keys seen on a physical keyboard ,and a small keyboard resembling a mobile keyboard.
- Handwriting allows you to draw or sign for your input.
- Theme and resize will take you into settings, giving you various options to change the color and theme of your keyboard, as well as other cosmetic settings.
- More settings gives you the option to go into Typing or Language settings for the keyboard.
Enabling and using touch screen keyboard in Windows 10
The Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 makes it easy to type on your Clear Touch panel when using an integrated PC Module or when connected to an external PC via HDMI and USB Touch cable. With the Fall Creator's Update, Windows is bringing new changes to ...
Use the Clear Touch Interactive Panel as a Secondary Monitor in Extend Mode
Using your Clear Touch Interactive Panel as a Secondary Monitor in Extend Mode ***For the best experience, we recommend mirroring or duplicating your display*** With Windows 10, Microsoft has given users the option of running multiple displays in ...
Android Recovery Screen
If your panel's Android operating system has been corrupted, you may see the screen pictured below when you attempt to turn on the panel. In order to resolve this error, you will need to select the "Factory Data Reset" option outlined in red in the ...
How to Calibrate Touch on Internal PC Module (Windows 10)
How to Calibrate Touch on your Clear Touch Internal PC Module (Windows 10) 1. Go to the white Search Bar in the lower left corner of your Desktop. Click it and type "Control Panel." When Control Panel pops up in the right menu, click it. 2. When the ...
Using Screen Lock and Resetting Lost Password
6000+ Series displays include an Android app called Screen Lock, which allows the display user to set a password on the display and lock the screen down. To access this app, navigate to your Android Home screen and click the grid icon in the bottom ...